Sunday, June 04, 2006

Googleless!

As if not being able to view one's own blog for a whole nine months wasn't bad enough, they have now dealt an even harsher blow: THEY'VE TAKEN AWAY MY GOOGLE! ARGH! What am I without it? A knowledge-free zone, that's what! The only Google that we can now access is google.cn (Chinese Google) - I am pining for my beloved google.co.uk. Woe is Bec.

That aside, things are progressing swimmingly. My trip to Beijing was most enjoyable and I heartily recommend the Red Lantern House hostel to you all. Here are two snaps of the place:



I met a collection of interesting folk, most of whom were in the middle of venturing around as much of the world as they could. When it got dark we sat under the fairy lights in the courtyard and discussed life over a bottle of beer. They also served a steak breakfast, with orange juice and a pile of toast (and BUTTER!), for 20 RMB. Some may say that life gets considerably better than this, but I would beg to differ. Bliss!

China celebrates Children's Day on June 1st, so all week I have been caught up in our kindergarten's festival, which was fantastic. I even joined them on stage and sang a line in Chinese on my own - wooooo! Here they are (these are the 4 and 5 year olds - the babies had their festival in their classrooms):

















Tomorrow is my 26th birthday! Ooh ooh ooh! I'm closer to 30 than I am to 20 - maybe it's time to start thinking about growing up. Hmm...

No comments: